“A healthy mind lives in a healthy body”
It is important to feel healthy to stay happy all the time and only a good meal with proper exercise can ensure this for you. If you eat good food, your body stays fit and you can meet all that your life demands throughout the day. One food that is considered good for most of us is Oats. Regular consumption of oats provides sufficient energy to the body to cope with several health problems.
Following are certain important Benefits of oats:
1. Reduces cholesterol- We all know oats are rich sources of fiber. They contain both soluble as well as insoluble fibers and the soluble fiber helps in reducing low density lipo-protein (LPL) which is known as the bad cholesterol. This LPL reduces the absorption of bad-cholesterol in the bloodstream. It has been observed the oats beta glucan forms a viscous layer in the small intestine which, not only reduces the absorption of dietary cholesterol, but also attenuates the re-absorption of bile acids, so our body draws upon a pool of already existing cholesterol in it to produce more bile acids. Hence, the reduced cholesterol uptake from the gut combines with bodily cholesterol which was used for making new bile acids and results in reducing its circulation in the body. So, eating a bowl every morning helps in keeping your heart healthy.
2. Prevents constipation- Another reason to reach out for your yummy bowl of oats every morning is that it helps in preventing constipation. It is one thing that always keeps you uneasy so it must always be avoided. Since, fibers in the oats boost the bowel movement, you digestive system functions in a better way if you consume these regularly.
3. Weight loss –
Since, fibers make you feel full for longer periods of time, you end up eating less food. This helps in keeping your weight under control and helping you fight against obesity or simple over-weight. Putting on weight is not as difficult as it is easy, and getting back in shape is even more difficult, so it is necessary to keep a check on it and stay fit to circumvent uneasiness related to it, which includes breathlessness, fatigue, weakness, lethargy, etc.
4. Combat High Blood Pressure – It is believed that making oats a part of your daily diet can help in reducing your need for regular medication for high blood pressure. This is because they contain fiber, calcium and potassium in desired quantities and so it also helps in avoiding the risk of hypertension.
5. Reduce the risk of getting Cancer – These also have phytochemicals which are the plant chemicals. These are believed to be anti-cancer because they have phytoestrogen compounds called lignans, which are known to lower the risk of fatal diseases like breast cancer.
6. Source of Energy – These are considered to be good sources of energy as they have lots of carbohydrates which are known to provide calories to produce energy and hence improving your performance if you take them about an hour before you exercise.
So if you want harness their power and keep yourself healthy, you should make sure you have your bowl of good health every morning and stay fit.