Though both men and women are affected by hair loss, it is most prevalent in men. Hair loss is very common in old age, but it can also occur in young people and teenagers. Most youngsters consider hair as an asset that enhances their appearance, and hair loss is often seen as a threat of losing one’s good looks. Want to experience a healthy mane? Well, there is no need to consult hair specialists who charge unreasonable fees. A few simple ‘easy to implement’ home remedies can be very effective to replace bald patterns on the scalp with vibrant, lustrous locks of hair.
1. One of the best treatment for hair loss is using coconut milk. Apply coconut milk on the hair as well as on the scalp and massage thoroughly. This helps in nourishing the hair and regrowth of hair. Substituting aloe vera in the place of coconut oil would also be beneficial to enhance hair growth.
2. Massaging the scalp is one of the best hair loss home remedies. This method certainly helps to promote hair growth. A vigorous scalp massage for 5 minutes does the job of increasing blood circulation to the hair follicle (a pouch like structure from where the hair emerges out). The increased blood flow delivers all the essential nutrients to the hair follicle, which in turn prevents hair loss and stimulates hair growth. Generally, a scalp massage with almond oil, castor oil or coconut oil promotes blood flow, which helps to take away those receding hairlines.
3. Mix together one part apple cider vinegar and one part sage tea and rinse hair with the mixture daily to promote hair growth.
4. Vitamins: Vitamins, A, B6, B12, Folic Acid, Biotin, and Vitamin C.These have shown to increase hair growth and decrease hair loss for some people. Caution: Too much Vitamin A can cause hair loss keep your intake less than 100,000 IU daily.
5. Jojoba oil is a natural way of treating hair fall since many centuries. Massaging your scalp and hair with jojoba oil not only helps in hair growth but also in controlling dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, etc.
6. An unhealthy diet is the main culprit behind premature hair loss. One needs to have foods that put hair growth on the right track. One of the hair loss home remedies involves intake of protein rich foods. This is because hair is primarily made up of protein, so feeding hair follicles with high protein foods can stop hair loss and ensure healthy hair. Besides protein intake, one needs to concentrate on having a diet rich in vitamins (A, B and C) and essential minerals (iron, zinc, and calcium). Unhygienic habits like smoking or alcohol consumption that shorten lifespan should also be stopped.
7. Loss of circulation to the scalp is part of hair loss; take a Ginkgo biloba supplement daily to promote increased circulation.
8. Saw Palmetto: An herb that clears the hair follicles, acting much like the active ingredient in Rogaine, it decreases the residues of DHT in the scalp. It has been reported to be three times stronger than Rogaine.