Kundalini is our inner consciousness which usually remains dormant in an individual. Through different practices the inner consciousness slowly become awakened and travels upward, tracing the path of Sushumna from the Mooladhar [root chakra ] to the next five center of consciousness and finally arriving at the highest and purest center of consciousness at Sahasrara [ crown chakra].
Awakening of Kundalini is a very pleasant, spiritual and important experience in the life of the aspirant. There is, however, a danger for the aspirant if awakening of the kundalini is little untimely or sudden by premature or improper practices, by using artificial means, awakened without proper preparation and using short cuts etc.
In this case, the Kundalini instead of traveling upward falls back invariably or faces severely obstructive chakra may cause many physical, mental and spiritual disasters which are violent, dangerous and unwanted. Kundalini yoga is a cleansing device like a broom, the Kriya associated with it clears the three bodies physical, astral and casual the physical body has diseases and other subtle bodies have past life karma and Sanskar that need purification.
- When kundalini is awakened and active, the prana energy descends and Apana energy ascends upward, they strike in naval reason as a result excess of heat is generated in the body, this extra heat purified the nadis and clears the path of Kundalini. If this heat is not regulated or controlled it may cause inflammation, pressure, stress, and sickness.
- The chakras which are not yet open have some negative blocks and patterns when kundalini works on them to clear the obstruction a temporary energy pressure builds up in that area causing uneasiness, pressure, pain, and stress in that areas of body correlated by that obstructive chakra.
- Some aspirants are very hasty and impatient in nature they want instant and overnight kundalini awakening hence they sometimes neglect the necessary prerequisites. Some people developed weakness of lower limbs, digestive disorders, loose motions, increased body mucus, burning sensations which are common signs of natural cleansing process activated by raising Kundalini.
- Due to excessive secretion of Adrenaline in body sensation of inflammation is felt. Lungs, kidney, eyes, ears, and skin may also exude an increased amount of poison and waste products.
- If the kundalini is awakened without strengthening the nervous system, mental debility, insanity breakdown of the immune system, a sluggish nervous system may lead to many physical problems.
- Some seekers experience the sites of physical contortions, horripilation, and suspension of breath during practices.
- By practicing kundalini yoga the toxins in the body responsible for different ailments are slowly realized until the point where they have one final stronghold in the body known as physical chemicalisation or the last toxins/vestiges of a problem or disease hardest to remove, this may produce severe and intense symptoms of illness in the seekers.
- The problems which may occur happened in past may reappear at the conscious level and ready to get resolved/ neutralize by the kundalini, may produce some undesirable circumstances.
- Sudden awakening of kundalini can make you disoriented and you will not be able to cope with the radical changes in perception and unfolding of an unconscious mind.
- In the process of spiritual awakening, many blockages and impurities in the body create various neurological, psychological and psychiatric symptoms in the aspirant.
- Depressed and fluctuating moods, excessive anxiety and hazy thinking, and irritable temperament are results of the awakening of the subconscious mind.
- Sometimes the mind can and does play tricks on the aspirant and projects some imaginary experiences which have zero spiritual values. But the aspirant’s self-delusion, wrong thinking, exaggeration, and fabrication can make these fake experiences as spiritual messages and advancement.
- An impure mind when concentrated can prove to be a veritable devil and impossible to control. Nervous exhaustion and mental breakdown are common symptoms an improper awakening of kundalini.
- Sometimes the seeker is addicted to bliss obsession and uses kundalini practices as narcotic anaesthesia to avoid reality of world and may lost into diffuse mental state of fantasy, trance, myths, symbols, dreams, visions and connections and become directionless, confused, day dreamer, hazy and castle builder.
- If the mind of the aspirant is weak he can suffers from various nervous disorders or repressed states of mind and often uses hallucinations and dreams to gain self-satisfaction. The seeker may consider these dreams as spiritual experiences guidance or visions.
- Appearance of characteristic dreams concerning entities, past life relatives, dead persons and specific places are very common to a kundalini yogi. The sense of weight upon chest while sleeping with unbearable pain in solar plexus indicates improper kundalini activation.
- In kundalini yoga the seeker of predominantly emotional temperament is easily influenced by upsurge of spiritual emotions of laughing, crying, screaming, horripilation, momentary trance and partial ecstasy and consider them as spiritual progress, but the fact is these types of spiritual emotions are occasional, and temporary and do not transform the character of the person.
- Sometimes the personal tragedy, disappointment, depression and negative programming of mind can trigger temporary spiritual emotions and even psychic visions to the seeker which do not show any spiritual advancement. Like tears of remorse, fear, hope, can be considered as tears of devotion and self-realization.
- An aspirant coming into the contact with a great spiritual personality may feel specific kriya or experiences and mistakenly take them as his owns spiritual advancement. These kind of emotional experiences are borrowed and temporary which loses their intensity with distance.
- There is always danger of psychic/astral attacks and sexual scandals when the guru or mentor of kundalini yoga is not self enlighten or proper.
- Some aspirant attains psychic powers and siddhis in kundalini yoga and considers themselves as spiritually enlighten and think that they have achieved the God status. Telepathy, hypnotism, healing, clairvoyance etc are some psychic attainments which come naturally to the seekers of kundalini yoga, but they misuse them for desire of power, name, fame, heavenly rewards and ego-satisfaction. These Para- psychological attainments are momentary and prove to be great obstacle in the path of kundalini yoga.
- Sometimes the seeker is attacked by forth dimension entities in dreams and astral plane. The seeker can frequently experience repeated sex, rape, horror, hate and animosity in dreams or in trance state. These entities can manipulate the idea, emotions dreams and thoughts of seeker for their personal benefits.
Success in kundalini yoga is not measured by dreams experiences, emotional excitement, psychic attainments or temporary spurious thrills, but it is measured in the terms of transformation of character and consciousness.
GEETA JHA [SPIRITUAL HEALER]