Danbo (Kanika Kishnani) is skeptical of Mumbai. A native of Ajmer, Danbo has come to Mumbai to pursue a course in mass media from Jai Hind College. Danbo’s been in Mumbai for two years but she still feels new in Bombay.
Danbo has clicked photographs of herself in her favourite spots in the city. The props used in the images are accessories that Danbo just can’t do without: The diary, the earphones, the basket on the beach all remind her of her time in Mumbai.
1. Danbo is really fond of photography. Experimenting through different lenses and trying to find out which one is best suited for a particular shot is what Danbo loves to do.
2. This is the train that Danbo first came to Mumbai in.
3. Bandstand + music + Sea Link = Happy Danbo.
4. Monuments that Danbo loves to visit often.
5. Monuments that Danbo loves to visit often.
6. A natural Danbo is a relaxed Danbo.
7. Why not play with sand and build a castle of your own by the sea?
8. Colaba Causeway and Regal Cinema are places Danbo’s has invested, *cough* wasted *cough* a lot of time in.
9. The tourist in Danbo comes alive as she captures the Gateway of India.
10. The divider is scary sometimes.
11. Mumbai’s Churches make it to Danbo’s list of favorites again.
12. This series would be incomplete if Danbo didn’t play at Marine Drive.
13. Danbo loves writing about her experiences in the city.
Kanika says, “It isn’t just passion, photography is everything to me. I can quit anything for photography. Even if I am having a really bad time, a camera will bring the brightest of smiles to my face.”
City Lights is a Bayside Journal initiative to acknowledge a series of student photography projects over the next month. The series will depict Mumbai through the eyes of students. We hope these images will inspire you, make you feel nostalgic and encourage you to explore this beautiful city of ours.