In this world of the online communities and other adventures to discover, it is natural for all the kids to be interested in getting on the bandwagon. It is but natural for them to be interested in knowing about what goes on in the World Wide Web. But for those who are at the tender age of below their teens, it is important to be cautious before they get going! Kids of the under 12 age should be discovering this interesting internet world of online communities and international chatting under parental guidance and instructions.
It is a learning experience for sure to be chatting with old friends and making new ones. But some times you may fall in the wrong trap. You may fall in the hands of bad guys or perverts who are not there for some healthy chatting but for other mean purposes. So what is it that, you kids should do to make sure you are in a safe environment and having some healthy fun while chatting with friends.
• Tell your parents whatever you are doing online. This is very important and will help in your parents guiding you to the good chatting sites.
• Chat with kids your age and not adults. Make sure that you do not give away too much information to the other kids. Discuss the information to be given away before hand with your parents.
• Try and chat about educational things like science projects, interactive learning etc. You could also chat about the culture of your friend if he / she is from another country.
• Keep a look out and if suspicious about anything then inform your parents instantly.
• Never make any other contact except for on the net. Do not give away phone numbers etc without your parents verifying the other child’s credentials.
• Never receive any obscen videos or pictures from others and if they try to entice you in to these things, inform your parents and stop chatting with them.
• Chat only from your computer and never from your phone etc.
• Never make chatting a habit. It should be a healthy hobby that should transpire in to a learning experience for you.
• Chat within limits set by your parents. Do not lie to them and chat beyond the time constraints set by them.
So make safe and healthy chatting [http://www.childrensvalley.com/] a part of your chatting routine and you will see that you enjoy it. Overdoing anything is bad!