Lavender Oil Kashmir is produced by steam distillation of flower spikes of Lavender Oil Ex Lavandula Angustifolia found in Indian Kashmir valley. Two forms are distinguished, lavender flower oil, a colorless oil, insoluble in water, having a density of 0.885 g/mL; and lavender spike oil, a distillate from the herb Lavandula latifolia, having density 0.905 g/mL.
Similar to all other essential oils, it is not a pure compound; it is complex mixture oil several aromatic molecules such as linalool, linalyl acetate.
Therapeutic uses of Kashmir Lavender Oil
The lavender oil Kashmir is not only used in perfumes, but also used in Aromatherapy. The odor of lavender oil is having calming effect which results relaxation and reduce the anxiety. Kashmir Lavender oil is very famous and cultivating and distilling in foothills of Himalayas. It sometimes also helps in headache when breathed in as vapor or diluted with jojoba/almond and rubbed on the forehead. Lavender oil also helps in aid of cough and respiratory infection.
In the field of Alternative medicine, lavender oil can exist in first aid box for giving a lot of common ailment due to anti septic properties. There are certain uses; some of them are as follows:
- Lavender oil may be used as an antiseptic and pain reliever to be applied on minor burns.
- Kashmir Lavender Oil can also be used and having very powerful effects on insect bites and stings. One can use it best using cotton wool pad to the infected area.
- Wholesale lavender oil is highly used in massage oil manufacturing which may be effective in joint pain relief and muscle pain. 1 ml lavender essential oil can be applied on 30 ml of jojoba before applying on skin. For asthmatic and bronchitis spasm, 1ml can be mixed with few drops Chamomile German oil with some carrier oil, say Jojoba.
- Pure Lavender Oil can be used for treatment of head lice, 6-11 drops of oil can be diluted in water to produce a hair rinse solution, which a few drop can also be added to comb to eliminate nits.
- The Lavender Oil from India is being researched for breast, ovarian, pancreatic, liver and prostate cancer treatments.
Research showing that lavender oil India is cytotoxic as well as photosensitizing. It is cytotoixic for human skin cells at a concentration of 0.25%. The linalool which is major component of lavender oil leading the activity of whole oil and proven the most active component. The Linalool is also found in Basil Oil majorly.