Steven Paul Jobs (1955-2011)Steve Jobs that how an average student started his journey and now become an idol. Steven Paul Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco; California and died in October 5, 2011, Palo Alto, California, United States
Apple and Steven Paul jobs
He starts by the formation of Apple computer in his own garage in 1975. First Apple one was built in April 1, 1976. And now Apple is a world renowned brand .How Steve job change the product market culture from 1955- 2011 and who change the culture is definitely a leader because they gave the direction to millions of people.
Steve never follows the herd; always do right……Not the easy one
Steve Jobs wasn’t looking to replicate what’s already been done. He didn’t like to play the “I can do it better game.” He played the “I’m going to do something completely different game.”
- IPhone, (Smart phone)
- IPod, (Love for Music)
- IPad, ( New product category)
- Apple Music Drive
- Digital Hub Strategy
All those become necessity of life and set the benchmark to the industry.In a world full of possibility, one important trait to absorb from Steve Jobs is the ability to focus. This is part of why his products have become some of the most loved in history. He picked a need, developed a product and spent every ounce of energy perfecting the product. He picked technology and made technology his life. His ability to set a goal and stay committed gave way to wonderful success.
As Steve Jobs said
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition”.
Change in Life
Steve jobs left apple in year 1985 and in December 1996 he came back to Apple again. why he left & what he to in that period ?due to the fall in the sale of project Macintosh and how the CEO and Steve Paul job get in negative relationship due to this Steve jobs left apple and start new organization with the ex-Apple employees due to this Steve jobs has to suffer legally too. After this the Steve Jobs started towards the these two projects
- Next: Steve Jobs aimed at the highest possible standards for his new Next machine: he wanted the best hardware, and best software UNIX which is unique side by side their interface is friendly like Macintosh. So in the shape of the Next Cube the computer came in October 1988.
- Pixar (Best ever animation for kids):Pixar start working on animation and they develop the Tiny-Toy in 1989 on this basis the studio get academy award. Pixar then became a software company; developing the Render Man 3D rendering software. However a decisive contract changed everything: in 1991, Disney signed with Pixar for making a full-feature computer-animated movie.
Steve Paul Jobs inspirational quote: “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something”.
LEADERSHIP QUALITIES of STEVE JOBS
Following are the leadership qualities of Steve Jobs
- Focus: When Jobs returned to Apple in 1997, it was producing a random array of computers. After a few weeks of product review sessions, he shouted, “Stop!” “This is crazy.” Their job, he told his team members, was to focus on four great products. All other products should be canceled. But by getting Apple to focus on making just four computers, he saved the company. “Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do,” he told Isaacson. “That’s true for companies, and it’s true for products.”
- Simplify: Steve Jobs simplify the process by eliminate the unnecessary components and operation in production, so that the concentration and focus of their team not divert. During the design of the iPod interface, He insisted on always to develop such design whatever he wanted he get in three clicks so that people also love new technology due to its simplification.
- Take Responsibility: Steve job always believes in making uniqueness in supply chain from each manufacturing stage till end consumer and its interface.
- Put Products before Profits, Don’t Be a Slave to Focus Groups, Stay Hungry and Stay Foolish (Be Innovative): He says about himself “While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.”
Other Leadership skills are
- Think out of the box
- Be flexible
- Control over negative things
- Futuristic (Visionary)
- Politeness and Empathy to deal with its employees
- Creative, Develop connections
- Always stay in learning stage
We can say that Steve Paul Jobs is situational and bureaucratic leader
The leadership skills of the Steve Jobs derive the Apple towards the culture of
- Empathy: They offer products that fill real needs and provide lasting value. They deal fairly with their competitors. They don’t compromise on their ethics or integrity in the name of profit.
- Aggressiveness: They have aggressive goals and drive even they are tough to achieve, Apple give tough time to their employees too because they want work oriented employees.
- Innovation: Apple built their company on innovation; they are risks takers in following our vision, and work to develop leadership products that authority the profit margins they struggle for.
- Individual Performance: They want individual commitment and performance above the standard for our industry. They want work individually to put on more work. So their individuals decide the character and power of Apple.
- Goal-Oriented culture: Apple focus on their goals to achieve them, and it leads the people of Apple focusing towards their work.
Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to Steve Jobs’ family & friends. The world rarely sees someone who made such a profound impact.
— Bill Gates (@BillGates) October 6, 2011
For those of us lucky enough to get to work with Steve, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely. http://t.co/g4HLDYtb
— Bill Gates (@BillGates) October 6, 2011
Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. From all of us at #Obama2012, thank you for the work you make possible every day—including ours.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) October 6, 2011
Steve lived the California Dream every day of his life and he changed the world and inspired all of us. #ThankYouSteve
— Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) October 6, 2011
I never thought I could be so busted up about the loss of someone I never met. #stevejobs
— ashton kutcher (@aplusk) October 6, 2011
— Google (@Google) October 6, 2011
Steve Jobs, 1955-2011: “a true visionary” – statement by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer http://t.co/Bdj7rdAV
— Microsoft (@Microsoft) October 6, 2011