London Design Updates: Bridge May Tremble But Not Fashion Schools
Have you ever heard a brave forecast such as this?
Now on a lighter note, consider this: Ramps are more dramatic than bridges. How come? This is because ramps have provided the world with classic items of Burberry to more liberal creations of Jimmy Choo. And these ramps were made sturdy primarily by London fashion design schools. Top fashion designers like Clements Ribeiro, Alexander McQueen, and Sophia Kokosalaki would agree just the same.
What makes it great about earning a degree from a fashion design school in London?
London lies in the central part of England. This is one of the busiest cities in the world. It has taken part in many revolutions. The well known of these revolutions is the so-called the Industrial Revolution.
As years went by, London, during the 19th century, received the spotlight for men’s fashion statements under the headship of dandies of Regency including Beau Brummell. Not so long after, around the mid of1960s, London was, once more, for a moment the heart of fashion statements and influence.
London nowadays also lies in the heart of the fashion industry. The same city that has revolutionized many aspects and statements in the fashion industry years ago is the same city that continues a legacy for styles and prevailing modes of life. The key now lies to the competent trainings designers undergo in various fashion institutions and even in the marketplace.
In fact, whatever you want to earn: a specialist course, a fashion school certificate, or a university degree, you will definitely find a school in London that can give you the edge and the guts to get along well with other topnotch designers. Moreover, though there are a thousand of schools all around the world, it is a fact that the UK retail garment market provides training opportunities for high-end fashion, mass market, and even Asian imports. In fact, the market shares a projected $ 50-billion sale, 75% of which account for women’s and children’s clothing.
If you want to immediately run for a job-entry, a summer program or a year at a London fashion school can provide you with fashion skills that are already in the entry-level. If you are still on a shaky ground, consider enrolling in some international schools with campuses in London.
The following lists of schools have links that will provide other information about some schools in UK:
1. The Royal College of Arts is a school of textiles and fashion (http://www.rca.ac.uk/ UK).
2. London College of Fashion is an international institution for technology, design, sales and administration in the textile, accessories, footwear, and fashion industries (http://www.fashion.arts.ac.uk/).
3. Manchester Metropolitan University offers degree courses including fashion, textiles and textiles for fashion, embroidery, and even fashion design with technology (http://www.artdes.mmu.ac.uk/).
4. University of Westminster, located in Harrow, UK, offers a degree in BA
Fashion Design (http://www.westminsterfashion.com/)
5. London-Milan 2006: The Dual City Summer Sessions offer both novice and advanced courses. Campus in Milan is called Domus Academy in Milan and campus in London is the Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design and (http://www.london-milan-courses.com/).
No matter what type of school lands as your choice, you can rest assured that you have three-fold benefits: style is globally-renowned, schools have international connections, and the language used is universal, that is English. Thus you can take carry your portfolio with pride.
You can say that a London fashion degree is a passport recognized by the world and its diverse fashions. History, indeed, repeats itself.
Hannah Deacon | Stylist
Hannah Deacon | Stylist – BBC Biography