With so many online schools and colleges to choose from which offer online degree programs at various academic levels, it becomes difficult to choose one which meets your needs. If you are considering an accounting school, you would be interested in choosing one of the top accounting schools in the country.
Factors to Consider When Checking the Ranking of Online Colleges
There are various factors which can help you to evaluate an online college and find out about its ranking. These factors are:
- Accreditation of online schools – you should find out about the accreditation of any accounting school you are planning to choose. It will ensure that you are going to get quality education and match the requirements of the current field of accounting. Moreover, your accounting degree will be legitimate and recognized by most employers. You can find about the accreditation from the Secretary of Education which regularly publishes a list of recognized accredited universities.
- You can evaluate the acceptance rate of the online school from the website of the accounting school. You can also get details from the websites that rank colleges and universities.
You can get information about various accounting schools online. This will help you develop a list of online colleges which are considered to be top ranked. These colleges will have more credibility and are also acknowledged by most of the employers.
Top 10 Online Accounting Schools
This is a list of the top 10 online accounting schools and colleges:
- University of Phoenix
- Kaplan University
- Post University
- Saint Leo University
- Colorado Technical University
- Walden University
- Grand Canyon University
- Strayer University
- Argosy University
- Stetson University
Online Accounting College Rankings – Where Can I Find Them?
As there are scores of online accounting schools, it is quite a task to find out some of the top ones which can provide quality education. You can find out the ranking of the online college from various sources like:
- Online Education Database offers online rankings for online schools by providing information like retention rate, ratio of student to faculty, peer web citations.
- Business Week ranks for online business, accounting schools and colleges.
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation offers accreditation to online accounting schools.
If you are interested in becoming a skilled accountant, working as a CPA or doing any other high profile accounting job, you should consider an online degree from a reputed and top ranked online accounting school. It can help you to pursue the course even while working and gaining experience which is not possible through traditional accounting degrees.