I n this multicenter, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, fixed-dose study, the efficacy, safety, dosing characteristics, and discontinuation of clonazepam was analyzed in patients with panic disorder.
Rivotril has used alone or as an adjunct in the treatment of the Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (petit mal variant), akinetic and myoclonic seizures. In patients with absence seizures (petit mal) who have failed to respond to succinimides, Rivotril may be useful.
How to Take Rivotril
Take each regular oral tablet with a full glass of water. Swallow the tablet whole. Take Rivotril exactly as prescribed by health care provider. Each tablet also contains lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and corn starch. Daily doses of 1.0 to 2.0 mg of clonazepam offered the best balance of therapeutic benefit and tolerability. If you are taking it for panic disorder and you find it makes you sleepy, your doctor may recommend a single dose at bedtime.
What are the Side Effects of Rivotril –
Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor as soon as possible. Like other medicines, Rivotril can cause side effects. Some of the more common side effects of Rivotril include
* Increased heart rate
* general unwell feeling
* Behavior problems
* lack of muscular coordination
* an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of
* hallucinations or severe confusion
* Yellowing of the skin or eyes
Warnings and precautions before taking Klonopin :
* Because of the possibility that adverse effects on childhood physical or mental development could become apparent only after years, a risk-benefit consideration of the long-term use of clonazepam is important in pediatric patients.
* Klonopin capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful side effects to the unborn child. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
* Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Klonopin, aspirin, tartrazine (a yellow dye in some processed foods and drugs), or any other drugs.
* If you have several types of seizures, this drug may increase the possibility of grand mal seizures (epilepsy). Inform your doctor if this occurs
* Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications along with Klonopin.
* Breast Feeding – Mothers who are taking Klonopin and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
* Do not drink alcohol while taking Klonopin. Alcohol may increase drowsiness caused by Klonopin. It may also increase the risk of seizures.
* Klonopin slows the nervous system and its effects may be intensified by alcohol. Do not drink while taking this medication.
* Caution patients receiving clonazepam against engaging in hazardous occupations requiring complete mental alertness, such as operating machinery or driving a motor vehicle.
What if Overdose of Rivotril?
If you think you or anyone else taken an overdose of Rivotril, immediately telephone your doctor or contact your local or regional Poisons Information Centre Seek medical attention immediately. You may need urgent medical attention.
What if Missed Dose of Rivotril?
If you miss a dose of Rivotril medicine and you remember within an hour or so, take the dose immediately. If you do not remember until later, skip the dose you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage Conditions for Rivotril :
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Keep the medication away from the children.