Pregnancy is the most beautiful experience a woman can have, but with this she also needs to have considerable knowledge about pregnancy signs, pregnancy symptoms.
Pregnancy signs week by week:
The first sign is that you will miss your periods. Some of the early pregnancy signs are:
· Nausea and vomiting, this is a part of morning sickness
· Frequent urinating
· Unexplained fatigue
· Breast tenderness
· Quickening of movement in the abdomen
· Absence of menstrual period
Conception occurs after 6 to 12 days after intercourse. Spotting may occur if this happens.
Pregnancy in the week 2, 3 and 4
Pregnancy officially starts at about 4 weeks. Weight gain at this pregnancy stage is not much since the fetus is tiny. Internally the uterus is preparing for the growing fetus.
Pregnancy in the week 5, 6, 7 and 8:
Morning sickness is felt so some extent. Certain food smells may make you uneasy.
· Unexplained fatigue
· Breast tenderness and areola get darker.
· Changes on your face become visible in the 5th week
· Gaining weight is evident only after the 8th week.
· By the 11th week your uterus rises slightly above the pelvic bones.
Pregnancy week 13, 14 and 15
· Weight gain is the most evident symptom
· Passing out of gas is common especially during the 14th week
· Ankles swell a bit due to the water retention.
· Insomnia is common at the 15th week.
Pregnancy in week 16
. You feel your baby move a bit
. Increased sexual desire might be felt at this stage due to high levels of hormones like estrogen and progesterone.
Pregnancy week 17, 18, 19 and 20:
Indigestion and heartburn is felt because your baby bump is just above the navel. This causes your stomach to push upwards.
Pregnancy in week 21, 22, 23 and 24:
· Recurring problem is a back pain and one best remedy is warm water bath.
· Forgetfulness or pregnancy brain is felt in the 21st week.
Pregnancy in week 25, 26, 27 and 28
· Fatigue is a big issue as you are closing the second trimester.
· Shortness of breath is felt and occasional rib pan occurs since the uterus is stretched upward and this compresses your chest.
Pregnancy in week 29, 30, 31 and 33
· In the last trimester, it is normal for the mother to gain 1 pound per week.
· Breasts and nipples get fuller as they prepare for breast feeding.
· Insomnia is a regular problem.
Pregnancy in week 33, 34, 35, 36:
· Weight gain
· Feeling of rib pain and shortness of breath is gone as the fetus is settled in the pelvis.
· Frequent urination is experienced as the baby is pressing against the bladder.
Pregnancy in week 37 and 38:
· More intense contractions are felt during the 38th week.
· Blood show is the vaginal discharge with blood, it is one of the signs that the mother is on her way to delivery.
Pregnancy in the 39th week:
. Mother will have mixed emotions as she anticipates her baby.
By this time, the mother should rest enough to gather energy and prepare herself for labor and delivery.
40th week of pregnancy:
This is the last week of pregnancy and your labor and delivery will start by then.
Weight gain is about 25 to 30 pounds.
For each woman it is vital to understand that she carries a new life within her, thus she has to coordinate with the health care provider and the baby’s father too for a healthy baby.