Please read the terms of the Policy carefully before using or registering on the Website or accessing any material, information or services through the Website. Accessing, browsing or otherwise using the Website indicates your agreement to all the terms and conditions under this Policy. The terms of this Policy should be considered part of the Term of Use of FamilyBuddy as provided in the Website.
For the purpose of this Policy, ‘Personal Information’ shall mean the data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person (“Personal Information“). Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy shall include, but not limited to, information regarding Your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, bank details etc. ‘Sensitive Personal Information’ shall mean such Personal Information which consists of information relating to password or such other information which is so classified under the applicable laws in India. However, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy.
- Information and Usage
- You may need to provide FamilyBuddy Your Personal Information including certain Sensitive Personal Information, during the course of using the services of FamilyBuddy, for instance, while creating a User ID, or provide information in Your User Account while registering on the Website, upload content, participate in any online survey or contest, communicate with FamilyBuddy by email or otherwise, provide reviews for the content available on the Website etc.
- FamilyBuddy collects only such Personal Information that FamilyBuddy believes to be relevant and is required to understand You or Your interests.
- FamilyBuddy collects Your Personal Information in order to record, support and facilitate Your participation in the activities You select, track Your preferences, to provide You with a customized Website experience, to notify You of any updated information and new activities and other related functions offered by FamilyBuddy, keep You informed about latest content available on the Website, new features, to follow up with You after Your visit to the Website, to otherwise support Your relationship with FamilyBuddy or to prevent fraud and unlawful use of the Website.
- Personal Information provided by You is used only:
- to facilitate Your use of the Website;
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfill Your requests for information about the various services;
- to provide You with various news and related contents on the Website;
- to personalize Your experience on the Website and FamilyBuddy’s other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to You;
- to help You address Your problems with the Website;
- if You post any comments or feeds on the Website, to process and upload the same;
- for proper administering of the Website;
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website;
- to improve the services, content and advertising on the Website;
- to protect the integrity of the Website; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
- In an effort to make our Website effective, certain information may be collected each time You visit the Website and such information may be stored in server logs. These encrypted statistics do not identify You personally, but provide Us the information regarding Your visit to the Website and the type of user who is accessing Our Website and certain browsing activities by You. FamilyBuddy uses them solely to analyze trends, administer the site, track a User’s movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. The duration of Your stay on the Website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of Your access.
- You acknowledge that some of this information related to the Website and Your visit to the Website may be shared with the sponsors, investors, advertisers, developer, strategic business partners of FamilyBuddy (collectively “Business Partners”) in order to enhance and grow the business of FamilyBuddy through the Website. This anonymous information is collected through the use of pixel tag or other industry standard technologies used by other websites.
- FamilyBuddy is concerned of Your privacy and ensures that these information which are shared with the Business Partners will not include any of Your Personal Information. Also, all Sensitive Personal Information collected from You (if any) are used, stored or disseminated strictly in compliance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules made thereunder, as amended from time to time.
- When You use the Website, FamilyBuddy ‘s servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically about Your activities on the Website; for instance by way of cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to a user’s browser from a web server and is eventually stored on a user’s computer hard drive. We ensure that this anonymous information is maintained distinctly and is not linked to the Personal Information You submit to FamilyBuddy.
- Whether You want Your web browser to accept cookies or not is up to You. In the event You choose to decline cookies, You may not be able to fully experience all features of the Website. You can also delete Your browser cookies or disable them entirely, but this may significantly impact Your experience with the Website and may make parts of the Website non functional or inaccessible.
- In the event FamilyBuddy uses third-party service providers to serve advertisements on behalf of FamilyBuddy across the internet including this Website, such service providers may collect anonymous information about Your visits to the Website, and Your interaction on the Website. FamilyBuddy assures You that this is solely for the purpose of business promotion and growth of FamilyBuddy and no Personal Information of Yours is collected or used in this process.
- FamilyBuddy assures You that it DOES NOT trade or sell Your Personal Information in any manner, except as specified herein, or if express consent is sought from You.
- You acknowledge that apart from Your Personal Information, if You upload any content on the Website, such content may contain information including Personal Information and the same may be available to the other users of the Website. You agree that FamilyBuddy shall not be liable for the disclosure and dissemination of such Personal Information to any third parties or any loss, injury or damage suffered by You as a result thereof.
- FamilyBuddy does not disclose Personal Information to third parties in the normal course of operations. However, You understand that, in situations when FamilyBuddy is legally obligated to disclose information to the government or other third parties, FamilyBuddy will do so.
- FamilyBuddy assures You that it implements standard measures, in accordance with the prevailing applicable laws in India, to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception of Personal Information. However, You acknowledge that no internet site can fully eliminate security risks.
- Shared Personal Information and Modification
- You may be required to submit Your Personal Information such as name etc. at the time of registering or making any comments or posting feeds to any news thread on the Website.
- You acknowledge that such information including any Personal Information may be available to the other users of the Website.
- If You are a registered user of our services, we provide You with tools and account settings to access or modify the Personal Information You provided to Us and associated with your account (“User Account”). You can also modify or even permanently delete your User Account as per the instructions given under [Insert link]. If You follow the instructions, Your User Account will be deactivated and then deleted. When Your User Account is deactivated, it is not viewable on the Website. For up to 30 (thirty) days after deactivation it is still possible to restore Your User Account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. After 30 (thirty) days, We begin the process of deleting Your User Account from Our systems, which can take up to a week. However, You acknowledge that for our internal purposes or for any requirements under the applicable law, We shall retain the information provided by You in Your User Account, as per the requirements under the law.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- The Website and any e-mail sent to You may also contain/display third-party advertisements and links to other websites or products and services. FamilyBuddy does not share any Personal Information with these third-party websites or agents or advertisers. However, FamilyBuddy reserves the right to share with You the advertisements on behalf of any other parties.
- FamilyBuddy does not have access to or control over cookies or other features or technology that such Linked Sites or third party websites and advertisers may use to send the advertisements that appear on the Website directly to Your browser or to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to personalize advertising content. The information practices of these third-party websites and advertisers and are not covered by this Policy. You are required to contact the Linked Site directly for more information about their privacy practices.
- FamilyBuddy strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. For this purpose, FamilyBuddy adopts the best standards and practice for data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where FamilyBuddy stores Your Personal Information.
- FamilyBuddy is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information.
- The Website is linked to many other sites and FamilyBuddy is not/shall be not responsible for their privacy policies or practices as it is beyond Our control.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, FamilyBuddy shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to any event that is beyond the reasonable control of FamilyBuddy and shall include, without limitation, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, sue to any act or omission by the Linked Sites etc.
- FamilyBuddy will use information only in accordance with the Policy under which the information was collected unless we have received explicit authorization.
- FamilyBuddy reserves the right to disclose any information FamilyBuddy may have about You (including Your identity) if FamilyBuddy determines that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding Your use of the Website, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) FamilyBuddy’s rights or property, or the rights or property of Users of the Website, including FamilyBuddy’s contributors.
- FamilyBuddy reserves the right at all times to disclose any information including any Personal Information that FamilyBuddy deems necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. FamilyBuddy also may disclose Your information when FamilyBuddy determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes. FamilyBuddy shall use all reasonable efforts to ensure that such disclosure would be in compliance with the applicable laws in force in India. FamilyBuddy would use reasonable measures to inform You in the event of such disclosure.
- You acknowledge and agree that FamilyBuddy may preserve any communication by You with FamilyBuddy through the Website, and may also disclose such data if required to do so by law or if FamilyBuddy determines that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with legal process; (2) enforce this Policy; (3) respond to claims that any such data violates the rights of others; or (4) protect the rights, property or personal safety of FamilyBuddy, its employees, users of, or visitors to, the Website, and the public. FamilyBuddy would use reasonable measures to inform You in the event of such disclosure.
- User Discretion
- FamilyBuddy gives the discretion to You to choose whether to provide an information or not. However, in the event of failure to provide any information which is required to be mandatorily provided, You will not be able to avail that particular service, feature or content of the Website thereof.
- FamilyBuddy respects Your privacy and if You do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from FamilyBuddy on advertisements, or for any query or assistance, You may feel free to Contact Us through Our customer service team.
- General Provisions
- Unless stated otherwise, the Policy applies to all information that FamilyBuddy has about You and Your User Account with FamilyBuddy.
- FamilyBuddy may, at its sole discretion or on account of changes in law, make changes to this Policy, from time to time. However, FamilyBuddy shall not be required to notify You of any changes made to the Policy. The revised Policy shall be made available on the Website. Your continued use of the Website, following changes to the Policy, will constitute Your acceptance of those changes. You are required to familiarize Yourself with the Policy before the use of the Website or any service hereunder.
- Governing Law
- This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India.
- Any disputes relating to this Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai.
- Contact Us
For any query or assistance, feel free to Contact Us with Our customer service team or You may e-mail at us: [email protected]
- Grievance Officer
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Abhishek Raghunathan , [email protected]