Title: Half Girlfriend
CBFC Rating: U/A
Star Cast: Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Vikrant Massey, Rhea Chakrobarty & Seema Biswas
Director: Mohit Suri
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
“Myself Madhav Jha.” This dialogue is what this movie will be remembered for. Arjun Kapoor tries his best to play a small town Bihari who is caught in the big city. Shraddha Kapoor tries her best to play an English-speaking college student with serious daddy issues.
She likes him but won’t commit to him. He loves her and wants her to sleep with him to prove her commitment. She says no and leaves. He is depressed.
1. Arjun Kapoor has grown as an actor who acts in Chetan Bhagat films.
2. He has perfected his sad-puppy-don’t-kick-me-I-love-you look.
3. Vikrant Massey, the popular television actor, who plays Shailesh is stellar. He is the real show stealer. He has perfect comedic timing. Ranveer Singh’s status as Arjun’s BFF is in danger.
4. The film captures the beauty of Bihar perfectly (there’s a sentence I never thought I would write).
5. The film is not as misogynistic as the book.
6. The soundtrack sounded surprisingly good to my ears.
1. The film drags in the first half.
2. The movie is clichéd.
3. The film attempts to tackle stereotypes but fails miserably.
Cringeworthy dialogue award goes to: “Deti hai to de varna kat le,” by Arjun Kapoor.
Watch it if you have nothing better to do on a hot summer’s day.