Here are 15 traits to keep in mind while pondering the question: “What do women want in a man?”
1. Confidence: This one comes first because it is crucial to overall attractiveness. Having confidence means knowing your value and respecting yourself, which you display through your body language and actions. Keep in mind that there is a big difference between being confident and being cocky.
2. Independence: This one goes for both of you. You need to maintain a healthy level of independence, and you must allow her to do the same. If you hold on too tightly, refuse to let her hang out with friends or partake in other related behaviors, it will only show that you lack confidence and you will lose her in the end.
3. Territoriality: While you don’t want to go overboard on this one – or you might infringe upon her independence – you do want to be a bit territorial at times. For example, don’t let other guys hit on her and make it clear that you are together when you go out. What women find attractive is a guy who can balance independence and territoriality effectively.
4. Intelligence: No one is asking you to cure cancer or solve complex calculus equations, but having common sense and an education can take you quite ways with women.
5. Expertise: Having expertise or passion in a particular thing is definitely part of what women find attractive in men. If you have taken the time and made the effort to hone your skills in a particular area, particularly if it is something you are truly passionate about, women will pick up on this and it will increase your attractiveness.
6. A Sense of Humor: What do women want in a man? They want someone who can make them laugh, will laugh at their jokes and can laugh at himself.
7. Creativity: Having creative interests and the ability to communicate what inspires you about them is definitely part of what women find attractive.
8. Being a Challenge: Just like men, women rarely enjoy or appreciate things as much if they come to them to easily. Having other interests and passions besides her will make you a bit more of a challenge.
9. Thoughtfulness: When learning the answer to, “What do women want in a man?” thoughtfulness is definitely on the list. Remember her birthday and your anniversary and you will be in good standing; remember her mom’s birthday and you will be golden.
10. Assertiveness: Don’t confuse this with being overly aggressive. Being assertive – or even a little aggressive – means going after what you want, whether that is a promotion, a date or a dream.
11. Culture and Class: Part of what women find attractive is a guy who has at least some class and culture. This is easier to accomplish than you might think. Going to a museum or art exhibit every once in a while, buying some nicer artwork for your home or simply expanding your drink preferences beyond Budweiser is a really good start.
12. Good Posture and Body Language: Look people in the eye when you speak to them, stand up straight and stop looking down when you are walking. Ninety percent of communication is non-verbal, so make sure you are saying the right things with your posture and body language.
13. Good, Satisfying Sex: Women love sex just as much as men do; therefore, it is important to know her special spots, always give enough attention to foreplay and be a thoughtful lover by always making sure she finishes first.
14. Dominance: Now, don’t get the wrong idea about this one. The right kind of dominance that fits into what women find attractive is not the kind where you are constantly telling her what to do or being a jerk. But, women do like a guy who will take the lead, make decisions and just tell her where you two are going for dinner sometimes, rather than constantly asking her what she wants to do.
15. Chivalry: Chivalry is not dead; it is just a bit more confusing and complicated now. The trick here is to be courteous without coming across as a pushover. Open the door, pay for dates, be mindful of her needs and show her that you can be trusted and will take care of her.
These 15 traits are a good start to understanding the answer to the question of what do women want in a man. Keep this list handy as you maneuver through learning about what women find attractive to help you stay on track and focused on the things you want to improve.